Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Chuck and Scooter...

When I saw the Chuck Chuala had begun his 90 day jail term, I thought I would feel more satisfied. But I'm not.

As I see Scooter Jensen's day in court drawing near, I keep thinking that justice will somehow be served. But I am pesimisstic.

The only real winner it seems is apathy. Nobody seems to really care that the top elected state officials from both parties are (or are about to be) convicted felons. This is the state of Fighting Bob! Tommy Thompson's common man! Where is the outrage? I don't get it.

The press has covered the stories dutifully. Bloggers have blogged away on the subject. But bring the subject up in the Capital city in a government office building where you would think the most interest would lie and you get, "huh? They still aren't done with those trials?" I guess it is no wonder that Wisconsin has such an incredibly ineffective Legislature. The people voting them in obviously don't care - why should the legislator?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home