Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mr Anonymous...

When I first set up this blog, I disabled anonymous comments. I wanted opinions to be attributable to the person, even if the person is a virtual psuedonym. Also, allowing anonymous posting also allows for spam posts (which happened to me early on).

However, as was recently pointed out to m, this can discourage those who choose not to register on blogger.com to simply not comment. So I am changing the comments to allow anonymous posting.

I have not and will not moderate comments unless they are obviously spam.

I do encourage readers to register a name though, even if they don't blog. Or at least sign the bottom of the comment so we don't have Mr. Anonymous debating himself!

Mason -- I expect full and active participation!! ;)

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is much appreciated, thank you.

As for the spam problem that can be defeated by manipulating your settings to have it set for word verification (that will make poster type in a weird looking series of letters 'I think').

Good luck.

Mason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home